But summer gets shorter every year, and before long the Back-to-School sales will be here. So start making your summertime plans today. Fill your weekends with fun activities and ensure that when fall gets here your desk, wall and mantel will show great photos from summer 2013, your family's best summer yet.
Of course NOC offers many great adventures for active families. Below is a quick review of our rafting and zip line offerings to help you formulate your plans. These exciting adventures will create lasting memories and provide an exciting, fun day together.
"Get Your Feet Wet"- Beginner Rivers
These family-friendly rivers offer class II-III rapids that are easy to navigate, giving you a taste of what whitewater rafting is all about. For an extra challenge, select rivers offer rental and ducky (inflatable kayak) trips, giving you the opportunity to guide your own adventure.
|Heading into Nantahala Falls|
- Nantahala River - near Bryson City, NC - minimum age is 7 or must weigh at least 60 lbs
* Enjoy Nantahala River Campus featuring riverside dining, shopping, zipping and many more on-site adventures
- French Broad River - near Asheville, NC - minimum age is 8
- Lower Pigeon - near Gatlinburg, TN - minimum age is 3
- Lower Nolichucky Float Trips - near Johnson City, TN - minimum age is 4
NOC's intermediate river trips offer continuous, splashy class III-IV rapids that are great for those looking for excitement, beautiful scenery and a day full of fun. These river trips number among the best whitewater runs in the region.
|Big splash on the Middle Ocoee|
- Middle Ocoee River - near Cleveland, TN - minimum age is 12
*America's Favorite Whitewater Rafting Run
- Upper Pigeon River - near Gatlinburg, TN - minimum age is 8 or must weigh 70 lbs
- Chattooga Section III - near Clayton, GA - minimum age is 8
- Nolichucky River - near Johnson City, TN - minimum age is 12
For our adrenaline-wired guests, NOC offers several high adventure trips featuring class III-V rapids and promising a day of excitement you will not soon forget. These trips are recommended for guests who have previous whitewater rafting experience and can actively participate for the duration of the trip.
|All smiles on Chattooga Section IV|
- Upper/Middle Ocoee Combo - near Cleveland, TN - minimum age is 13
- Chattooga Section IV - near Clayton, GA - minimum age is 13
*Geogia's Wild and Scenic River
- Cheoah River - near Robbinsville, NC - minimum age is 16
Don't forget about the Zip Line Tours!As of this season, NOC now offers two unique zip line adventures at NOC's Nantahala River Campus.
NOC Zip Line Adventure Park will challenge your skills and encourage you to face your fears on an aerial obstacle course featuring 17 fun, unique components, including the Wesser Zip, which runs around 550' long.
NOC's Mountaintop Zip Line Tour features a half-mile mega-zip with breathtaking 360 degree views above the treetops, just one of 10 zip lines leading you along a ridge top tour of the lush and scenic Nantahala Gorge. Take a minute to check out this preview of NOC's newest aerial tour:
For information about raft and zip packages click here.
We look forward to seeing you on the rivers and in the air this summer!