Foot Rx Asheville presents the 2013 Tsali Frosty Foot Fest on January 12th and 13th. The event will include 50k, 30k and 8k running races on the world famous Tsali Trail System, which includes over 40 miles of trails winding along scenic Fontana Lake. Click here to register!
NOC's Erika Brock registered for the 30k race because she was "looking for a new challenge close to home." Erika has run three half-marathons, but the Frosty Foot 30k will be her longest race yet. She is fortunate, she says, to be able to do about half of her training at Tsali. Last weekend's nine-mile run on Tsali's Right Loop was her longest training run for the Frosty Foot so far. "I did a couple of variations to make it work out to nine miles," Erika said. She chose the run because it happens to be the very beginning and the very end of the 30k race. Erika, who does much of her training on her own, enjoys listening to head phones while on the trail, mostly "fast-tempo music," she said, "for motivation." She confessed that the music she listens to while running is much different from what she listens to when driving or just hanging out. When I pressed her for band names, she blushed and ended the interview. For the record, NOC is cool with whatever is on your I pod, so long as it gets you up and out and training for sweet races like this!
Go Erika! Go Michigan State!
Tsali Frosty Foot Trail Race Details50k (Jan 12): 200 runner limit - registration is $60 before December 12, $75 thereafter
30k (Jan 13): 200 runner limit - registration is $40 before December 13, $60 thereafter
8k (Jan 13): 100 runner limit - registration is $25 before December 13, $30 thereafter
What comes with your race registration:
- A sweet Mountain Hard Wear Race Shirt and swag bag. Guaranteed to beat any race shirt you ever received!
- A solid run through some of the best trails in Western North Carolina.
- Aid stations stocked with GU & Bonk Breaker Bar products and some other tasty treats!
- FREE tasty treats from Flat Rock Village Bakery and chili from Green Sage Cafe at the finish-line celebration
- Awards Ceremony at Nantahala Brewing Company - enjoy awesome beer, swag, and raffle items, including a Timex GPS watch for each of the 3 races.
- Memories of a great race you'll never forget!