|NOC's Mountaintop Zip Line Tour features the exciting half-mile Mega-Zip.|
- New Adventures to Try - NOC's newest adventure, NOC's Mountaintop Zip Line Tour, is now open for the 2013 season. Over the course of the tour guests enjoy 360-degree views of Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Nantahala National Forest. The new tour features one of the longest zip lines in the country, the half-mile Mega Zip. With zips over 350' above the forest floor, guests soar to new heights on NOC's Mountaintop Zip Line Tour!
- New Food - The former Slow Joe's Cafe has a new name and new menu! We just opened Big Wesser BBQ & Brew on the Nantahala Campus. Here, diners choose from delicious pulled pork, ribs, chicken and home-style sides like gouda mac & cheese, potato salad and green beans. Big Wesser has all of the fixin's to create a hearty meal to enjoy a hearty riverside meal. Try out the new menu and enjoy live music every Friday and Saturday this summer at Big Wesser!
- Warm Weather - The winter chill is gone and replaced by beautiful spring weather. While the nights are still cool, the days are ideal for active outdoor adventures, whether it's mountain biking, zip lining, rafting or paddling, everyone should be comfortable and happy outside.
- Mountain Flowers - The mountains are known for their foliage in the Fall and wild flowers in the Spring. If you haven't spent much time along the rivers and trails in the spring, you will be impressed by the Smokies fresh and vibrant spring flowers. The popular Rhododendron and Mountain Laurel will be blooming along our Southeastern rivers from late May to early June.
- More Water - Some of our rivers depend on rainfall, and the spring months offer ideal water levels, thanks to spring showers. It's been a wet spring, so remember that now's a great time to enjoy the excitement of a high-water trip on these classic southeastern rivers.
|A high water run earlier in the year on the Nantahala River.|
For more information about NOC and activities, click here.